Monday, June 9, 2008

Noah's Ark Part II

This companion piece for the Noah’s Ark series will be the last children’s portfolio piece for a little while.

After much soul-searching, I’ve decided to take a break from building my children’s illustration portfolio. Ever since I was a child, I’ve always wanted to illustrate children’s books. Now that I am published, and have been working in this field for three years, I’m afraid I just don’t enjoy creating this type of artwork anymore. At least, that’s the way I feel right now.

I’m sure that’s bound to change, because picture books will always hold a special place in my heart. Right now, though, I need a change of pace. I have some ideas for art licensing which I’ll be developing this summer. There’s personal work that’s been on the backburner, and I really need to get back to writing, at least for myself.

Stay tuned for some new stuff!

1 comment:

Rebecha said...

I love the animal artwork. So soft and beautiful.

Btw, I have tagged you! Come read my blog, for details.